Miracle continues…..

My story continues from yesterday’s post:
As the day approaching my transfer grew nearer, I was filled with trepidation. I went through the required equivalent of Intel “basic training” for two weeks. That I was already at Intel didn’t matter. We were retooling the factory to do an entirely different process; something never done before. New process, new training. Stakes were unbelievably high. Success was crucial. It was into this atmosphere that I was thrown….new area, new people, new process; clusters of engineers waiting for results in every aisle and the margin for error slim to none. It was a hostile environment and though my co-workers were very welcoming, they were under enormous pressure to make everything work. I learned to pray like never before. I did the best I could under the circumstances.

Around the same time, my Mom took a terrible fall and my brother’s wife told him she wanted a divorce. I couldn’t leave to help my Mom or brother and I was devastated. I cried at the drop of a hat. Pressure at work was tremendous and I got my first bad review ever at Intel. In my OM’s words: “I wasn’t working out.” He was right I wasn’t!

Around the same time, I started attending Saturday morning prayer with a man who led Bible study at Intel’s Bible based Christian group. He got a conference room and we layed our heart’s on God’s altar together. Another of God’s miracles. He brought us together at a special season in both of our lives. Right away we became unlikely friends. He black, me white. He a father of seven, me no kids at all, but it didn’t matter. Will’s passion and zeal for God was infectious, and his excitement about reading the Word re-ignited my desire to study and dig deeper. He encouraged me to “seek the kingdom first” and boy did I; at the end of my strength, I was powerless to change anything.

So my career was in the tanker and I was emotionally drained and very sad that I could not seem to help anyone I cared about. Even so I knew that somehow God would see me through the other side of the tunnel, though I had no idea how. In faith I continued to put one foot in front of the other. Around that time they were pioneering a place called the ROC (Remote Operation Center) outside the Fab. They were asking for volunteers for this new program so my OM graciously asked me if I would be willing to do it. As I felt my doubts rush in, I felt myself saying yes anyway. Really, what did I have to lose? I took a giant step of faith and jumped off the abyss. God caught me.

Nobody was more stunned than I when next review time I was presented with a promotion and a bigger raise than I have ever gotten before or since!
God took what looked extremely hopeless to me and brought me out the other side. Look at what Psalm 40:1,2 says:

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.

He literally picked me up and set me into a new place called the ROC, how cool is that? I have now been there for 5 years and it doesn’t seem possible. I think about all those years ago when I put in for that transfer never imagining what I would have to go through and never knowing what I would be rewarded with at the end. But God knew all along…….

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s